Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Another decision to make

So - the sewer pipe size/location is still causing havoc and now we have to raise the level of the lounge by 170mm.  The builder has drafted plans with a step up directly from the hallway - but I think that might be a bit weird.  I'm thinking that it might be better to raise the first half of the hallway as well and then have a step down in to the second half (where the lounge finishes and stairs start) - so at least you enter the lounge from a level floor.  Bert isn't worried either way.  Any opinions out there?

3 comments:

  1. Is the whole second storey going to be raised 170mm or are you going to lose 170mm from the height in the lounge?
    I'm assuming if you raise the hallway you would also have to raise the front porch too meaning an extra step at the front?
    I think I would just have a step into the lounge room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mick - we would just lose some ceiling height in the lounge - so if we raised the hallway, ditto for that as well - and yes, I guess we would need a step up from the porch also - hadn't thought of that. Do you think a step up in to the lounge will be weird?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think one step into the lounge will look fine.

    ReplyDelete